The role of operations Manager is pivotal to the success and growth of the business, this is a role which involves overseeing the production of goods. It is the operations Managers job to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the company that meets the expectations and needs of the customers, this is a busy and varied fast paced role that requires attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work under pressure. You will need a willingness to take on numerous projects with various needs and meet the tight deadline set by the Client. Ability to motivate the team. Run a cost-effective efficient Manufacturing facility.
Duties and responsibilities
- Liaising with Production Managers and Team Leaders to ensure smooth productive efficient manufacturing.
- Must have an excellent communication and working relationship with internal teams and external customer
- Track and measure staff performance. Motivate staff to achieve production goals
- Deal with queries and potential problems/issues sensitively and assertively
- Communicate well with members of staff in a diplomatic way following correct procedures
- Ensure that communication between the departments is ongoing and utilized to maintain and improve continuously
- Understand the customer requirements
- Be proficient in business planning to build staff efficiency reports.
- Manage staffing levels to workload
- Have strong leadership skills including effective time management prioritizing and delegating where required
- Lead, coach, inspire, support and motivate your team always seeking to improve staff training
- Identifying skills gaps in the Company undertaking recruitment to support this
- Implement with HR new policies and procedures relating to production process
- Reporting to the Operations Directors with efficiency reports and matters of concern
- Managing small tooling budgets & presenting budget requirements prior to year end
- Over seeing the Maintenance of the building insuring a safe working environment
- Working closely with the H&S manager to ensure safety procedures are carried out
- Strong leadership skills with previous experience of people management responsibilities
- Excellent Word & Excel skills
- Strong written English, numeracy & organisational skills
· Excellent knowledge of POS/POP industry
· Good knowledge of acrylic, woods, Metal, Print, etc...
· Knowledge of plastic fabrication techniques and woodworking
Please contact Tracy Giacobelli – email@example.com